Why we never see the Loch Ness Monster


Pages 2 - 20:

I dedicate this book to my mom who gave me the idea for this story.
Hi. I'm Haley. I am 16 years old. I used to live in California in America. I have blonde hair and blue eyes. My family and I moved to Inverness in the northern part of Scotland. I know it was going to be fun because that's where the Loch Ness Monster lives.
I flew to Pittsburgh, then to Philadelphia, and then to Edinburgh. Then I drove to Inverness. My dad and the movers had the house ready. I lived in a small out-of-town house with six rooms, a bathroom, kitchen, living room, and two bedrooms.
The day I arrived I went to watch TV. I turned on channel 6. There was a show on about the Loch Ness Monster. It was interesting. There was this guy, Tom Dinsdale, telling about the Loch Ness Monster. He said it looked like this.
That's how I think it looked.
That whole day and the next day I thought about it. I decided to do some research on the Loch Ness Monster.
First, I went to the library. There was a librarian called Mrs. Woudenberg. She helped me find out some things about Loch Ness Monster. That really got me interested. I watched the Loch everyday from then on. It was getting close to the opening of High School while I was watching for the Loch Ness Monster. I sat under a big oak tree with my camera.
One day I saw something. It looked like a big hump at first. "Hey hey, what's that thing coming out of the water? If I can believe my eyes, it's the Loch Ness Monster!" I grabbed my camera and at least got two pictures of it before it went down under water.
I decided to tell my mom and dad about the Loch Ness Monster and the pictures. I'm not so sure they believed me. So I went to tell the librarian. She believed me, but she wanted me to show her the pictures when they were developed. So I ran to get them developed.
After I gave the man my pictures to be developed I ran back to the library. There I did some more research until it was time for me to go home.
In the morning I ran to get my pictures of the Loch Ness Monster. When I got to the camera store I rushed in the door and asked for my pictures. The clerk said, "nice fakes."
I shouted, "They aren't fakes!"
The clerk murmered, "Poor Alfred. He missed it."
"Who's he?" I asked.
The clerk frowned and walked back a little. Then he whispered, "Just-just another clerk."
"Are you all right?" I asked.
The clerk yelled, "Of course I'm all right!"
I said, "All right," and then I left.
As I was walking to the library I thought about that wierd clerk and about how he acted. It was strange. Oh well, better get to the library.
When I got there I showed Mrs. Woudenburg my pictures. "It's amazing. This looks so real, I think you should show your parents. I bet they'll believe you now!" she exclaimed.
I said "Good idea!" Then I ran home. I got home just in time to see the sun go down. It was beautiful... Oh well, better get going.
Slam! I shut the door and ran to show my mom and dad the pictures. There she was.
I ran over to her and said, "Here are my pictures." First she looked at the pictures and then looked up at me.
Then she said with amazement, "Now I believe, I really believe." Then she whispered, when she came out of her shock, "Why don't you go show your dad?"
Then I said, "Oh yeah. I was just going to." Then I walked over to my dad who was in the other room, and said, "Here are my pictures of the Loch Ness Monster."
My dad sarcasticly said, "Oh this is going to be great." Then I showed him the pictures. When he looked at the pictures he practically fainted. Then he jumped up and yelled, "Help! Help! We've got to get out of here! That Loch Ness Monster could come up out of the lake and stomp on our house!"
Then I said calmly, "Don't worry. He's nice."
My dad screamed back, "How do you know he's nice?"
"I just do," I said.
Then he calmed down and whispered, "Are you sure?"
"Yes, I'm sure. I bet he's even a little bit scared of us." I said.
Then he whispered, "All right, I believe you, better be sure."
Then I heared my mom calling, "Haley, get ready. High school starts tomorrow."
The next day, I went to high school. At lunch time instead of eating outside on the school grounds, we ate inside, and the teacher, who was Mr. Smith, told us to tell what we did for vacation. When it came to be my turn, I told about moving and my house. Then I told about the Loch Ness Monster. Then it started to happen: All of the kids in the classroom went bananas. Even the teacher went bananas. First he screamed, then he started to shout, "We've got to get a doctor."
Everybody else was shouting, "Ha, ha! I'm sure you saw the Loch Ness Monster!"
Then all of a sudden two police officers rushed in and shouted "What's all the racket?"
"This boy named Haley said he saw the Loch Ness Monster," said Mr. Smith.
"The Loch Ness Monster?" asked the policemen.
"Yes, the Loch Ness Monster," replied Mr. Smith.
"Haley, did you really see the Loch Ness Monster?" asked the policemen.
"Yes, and I'm going to bring my pictures tomorrow." I said. That got the whole class started again, so the police had to quiet everybody down again.
Then one of the policemen whispered, "Pretty soon we better get you out of here, because the reporters might come if the word gets out."
Then the other policeman said solemnly, "You little teenagers better keep quiet."
"We're not little!" yelled some of the teenagers.
"I think we'd better evacuate your class now, Mr. Smith." suggested the other policeman.
I don't think the policemen's idea worked because when I got home there were two reporters waiting to take my picture, so I sneaked around my hedge and in through my back door. Then I walked in and told my mom about what had happened that day. She practically fainted. When she recovered she called the police for protection against reporters.
The next day...
When I woke up I got ready for school, just in case there was school, but after breakfast, which was eggs, I got a call from M. Smith telling me that there was no school that day. So I thought and thought about what to do (A few minutes later): Aha! I could study some more about the Loch Ness Monster. I found a book on the Loch Ness Monster. The author was Frederick George Alfonso.
Four hours later...
I doubted Alfonso's theory. He says that wood falls into Loch Ness and rots. This causes bubbles to rise up and form shapes that look like the Loch Ness Monster. I don't know what gets into some people. Then it was lunch time. I had a grilled cheese sandwich.
All of sudden...
Knock, knock, knock!
It was the policemen. My mom went to the door. "Hey Joe, someone's opening the door. "Oh, hi! We're the two policemen you wanted."
"Oh good, but I think you should stay outside."
Whack! Bang! Boom! Yeow!
After that I heared walking sounds on our wood floor: Clomp, squeak, clomp, squeak. Then I thought to myself, "I'd better call the police." So I picked up the phone. No dial tone. No nothing. "Oh great! The lines must be cut. So all I can do is hope."
A few minutes later...
Some more policement came in. "Omigosh," they said, seeing my mom knocked out cold. "The lines must be cut, too, so we might as well use our walkie talkie." So they did, and a few minutes later the ambulance came.
When the rest of the policemen got to my house, I showed myself and said, "There are some men upstairs and I think that they're trying to steal my pictures."
"Boy am I glad you're safe!" one of the policemen said. Another one said, "We'll go upstairs and get those men while they get your mom to the hospital."
Just then the two robbers came downstairs. I recognized one of them as the clerk. Then they were taken off to jail.
1 hour later

about this site